- We want you (to be a professional musician)
- Book Review: Hack Your Hit: Free and cheap marketing tips for musicians
- PRO tips on Performance Right Organizations
- What is a producer’s job in the studio?
- The Paperclips: Street musicians to regionally touring band
- What is the first step to recording your band in a studio
- DIY music placements in TV shows and more
- MySpace launches redesign with focus on entertainment
- It is time to use MySpace’s new band profiles
- Your Band needs a Facebook Group NOW
We want you (to be a professional musician) We have created a Survey Monkey quiz to find out what you know and need to know to be successful...
Book Review: Hack Your Hit: Free and cheap marketing tips for musicians To date, this has been the easiest-to-read marketing book I have encountered. It’s written with musicians in mind. This is...
PRO tips on Performance Right Organizations One of the first steps in getting your band’s business in order is to register with one of the Performance...
What is a producer’s job in the studio? Recently we talked with Shock City Studios recording engineer Tony Esterly, and he described what a music producer job is...
Posted on November 27, 2010 | No CommentsTony Esterly, an audio engineer at Shock City Studios in St. Louis, gave us a tour of the largest live room in the Midwest and sat down with us to talk about the recording process for all levels of bands. In this first video, Esterly...
Posted on November 2, 2010 | 1 CommentReally do your research. Find all the shows on television [you are interested in] that use music...that really feature music.
Posted on October 27, 2010 | 1 CommentMySpace launched a redesign today. According to the website, the new focus is on social entertainment. As we have shown, MySpace is making a lot of new features for bands. Yet one of the changes we want, an update to MySpace Friends and Family (MySpace Records), has...
Posted on October 22, 2010 | 1 CommentThe new MySpace band profiles (sometimes called MySpace 3) have been available in Beta for months. MySpace is close to fully releasing the new system, so now is the right time to switch to the new artist profile. According to MySpace, eventually, all profiles will...